Whitecraigs match report

Kurt Reid
Another win for S2, against much stronger opposition this time- 31-10!
Slightly slow start but only for the first 5 minutes or so of the 1st third; but the pack managed to absorb the pressure in the rucks and slowly gained dominance.
Once we started to recycle the ball regularly the backs did their job, consistently moving the ball out and soon enough we started scoring. Leo, Stuart and Thomas, I think, scored in the first third with
George converting all 3! George, it has to be said, kicked superbly all day, nailing 7 from 8!
The pack's dominance in the breakdown meant Whitecraigs never really got a chance to score in the first third..
In the second third we lost 2 tries but ran in another 3 to stay comfortably ahead; tries coming from Campbell Caleb and Alex from memory...
Whitecraigs were definitely stronger in this period and it took some fantastic tackling in defence to keep them out; Leo in particular managed the try-saver of the match!!
We managed another 2 tries in the last period as our fitness and consistency began to show through leaving us with a well deserved result
Great team victory in front of a sell-out crowd😉

Re: Whitecraigs match report

Graeme
Well done guys. Always good to win the local derbys.

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Sep 2015, at 19:29, Kurt Reid [via Junior Noticeboard] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://junior-noticeboard.29870.n3.nabble.com/Whitecraigs-match-report-tp4037287.html
To start a new topic under S2, email [hidden email]