The Future is 3G

Steve A
Hi Everyone,
As we enter the winter months it is a good opportunity to remind everyone of the clubs ambition to create an all weather pitch@Braidholm. This 3G pitch would benefit all age groups as well as the wider Southside community...Please find below a message from GHA Club president Euan Baillie.

 As most you will be aware, we are currently in the process of trying to raise sufficient capital to build a 3G facility adjacent to the 1st XV grass pitch here at Braidholm. If successful, during the current planning application, we would hope to have it constructed by the start of season 2018-2019. We realise that this deadline is tight, but we are hopeful we can achieve this.

This facility, would not only enhance GHA as one of the premier rugby clubs in Scotland, but it would also allow all players from P1 to the 1st XV to have much needed state of the art training facilities, all year round, but particularly from November – February.

We currently spend circa £9K on pitch and hall hire during these winter months and by having our own facility, these costs would be dramatically reduced. Not only that, we would be in a position to hire out the facility to other sports clubs in the Glasgow area, as well as to many of the local schools and other community groups providing a significant new revenue stream to the club.

This is a fantastic opportunity for the Club, but we need our members to support it.

The cost of the facility is circa £700K which is a huge amount of money. We currently have a 3G Pitch Committee, who are looking at numerous fundraising events, including a Dinner towards the end of the season. There will also be smaller fundraising events by the players at all age groups which will also raise much needed capital.

Much of the capital will come via Grant Applications HOWEVER, to show these organisations that we as a Club are committed to this, we have challenged ourselves to raise a minimum of £70,000 through member donations and fundraising and to date progress has been good but with grant application deadlines on the horizon, we feel it is imperative that we have raised at least 50% of this total by end of November.

To date, with only 19 DAYS REMAINING, we have raised £15K from 40 supporters, which is good bit still some way short of our target!

Many thanks to all members, parents and friends who have made a contribution so far, but for those of you who haven’t yet, but were intending to do so, could I please ask that you donate, whatever sum you can, so that we can try and achieve our target.

WE ONLY HAVE THREE WEEKS TO RAISE THE FUNDS WHICH WILL SHOW POTENTIAL OUTSIDE DONATORS / INVESTORS THAT THE MEMBERS AT GHA ARE COMMITTED TO MAKING THIS FACILITY A REALITY. LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN AT GHA!

So, If you wish to donate, please do so via our Just Giving Fundraising page
https://www.justgiving.com/campaigns/charity/gha-sportstrust/threegappeal

We have also been shortlisted to receive up to £25K from the AVIVA Community Fund. Please visit the following link and cast your 10 votes for the Braidholm 3G project!
https://www.avivacommunityfund.co.uk/voting/project/view/17-2316

Many thanks,

Euan Baillie

President GHA