S2 Sunday 28th August: GHA v Falkirk - HOME KO 12.30

S2 Sunday 28th August: GHA v Falkirk - HOME KO 12.30

Cress Maher
Hi all,

So we have training on Wednesday 24th August at the usual time of 18.30pm - 8pm.

This is our last training session before our first fixture of the new season this coming Sunday. Therefore can I ask folk to really try to attend training and maintain regular training from now going forwards given that most weekends will now be taken up with fixtures in the Conference.

On Sunday we play our first match against Falkirk. This is a HOME fixture and the KO time is 12.30pm. Therefore can all boys be down for training and warm ups from 11.30am please.

Following the match food will be served upstairs in the club. GHA have organised new caterers for the new season, and so far feedback has been much improved.

Can I however, also remind ALL boys that club Polo shirts and brown / tan chinos are expected to be worn post match in the club.The boys should be seeing this time as an opportunity to represent their club and welcome their opponents into their clubhouse.

This post match time is also important to allow the boys some down time after a game and provides them with a real opportunity to get to know each other better off the pitch, particularly those boys who perhaps aren't at school together. With the new season kicking off, I would therefore like to encourage as many boys as possible to stay and have lunch together.
Of course there will always be times when folk need to rush away, but it would be really appreciated if a small amount of time could be seen as part of the overall match time. It also gives us parents some time to get together too!!

We have some new players who have come to join the team and we welcome them all. I would like to see the boys spending time getting to know them and making them feel an integral part of their team and club.

I have attached the link for responses.

http://tinyurl.com/oyr79rz

As with last season, please ensure you post your availability ASAP but ideally by Wednesday evening at 9pm at the latest, so the coaches can see who is available to play and select the team accordingly.

I will continue to post everything here, so please ensure you keep an eye on the noticeboard.

Cheers

Cress