S2 Match Report Sunday 4th October - GHA v Biggar

S2 Match Report Sunday 4th October - GHA v Biggar

Mark Noble
This post was updated on .
10 tries (and 10 conversions) to 2 tries (and 1 Conversion)

First of all a great team effort by the 13 players available today and a special mention to David Dunn who despite putting a nail though his foot changed and played through the pain to make sure we could compete with similar numbers to Biggar.

Also well done to those playing out of their normal positions especially Craig in the centre and Alex at scrum half – it just goes to show we need to be able to adapt and play where required and maybe haven’t found our permanent position yet!

The 1st try came from good forward play with the ball going through the hands of the backs for Campbell to score in the corner.

2nd try came from Alex picking up a loose ball in our own half and sprinting on his own down the touchline to score.

3rd try came from our own 22 with a great steal by Callum from Biggar forward pressure with the ball going out to Craig in the centre who ran the length of the pitch to score.

4th try came after winning the ball from a Biggar scrum with David making a good break and good hands with ball going through the backs for Campbell to score again.

5th try came after some good pressure in the Biggar 22 by forwards and backs which saw Findlay crossing for a try.

6th try came from Alex for his second with great support play after a great break by David down the wing.

7th try came again from a break by David setting up the remainder of the backs with Craig breaking through to score his second.  Sore foot – what sore foot!

8th try came from the forwards winning line out ball, the ball going through the hands of the backs to Caleb who had a great game on the wing to score.

9th try came again from great hands in the backs with Stuart going down the wing to score.

10th and final try was finished off by Campbell for his hat trick after some good forward play and handling by the backs.

George converted 9 but Stuart decided he wasn’t getting all the glory and wanted a shot which he converted resulting in a ‘full house’.

Whilst GHA played well we gave away 7 penalties for offside (so we need to learn the rules ) and 2 penalties for high tackles which against a stronger side could have resulted in us being punished.

Credit must also be given to the boys from Biggar who never gave up until the final whistle and to their credit and the delight of the travelling mums and dads scored 2 well worked tries.

Man of the Match – too many to mention – all 13 players should be proud of the rugby played today but let’s not get carried away as there is still plenty to work on.

Reporter:
Mark (injured and bored on the touchline) Noble

Team:
Campbell, Finlay, Craig, Callum, Alistair, Charlie, Harry, George, Gregor, Caleb, Alex, Stuart and David

Re: S2 Match Report Sunday 4th October - GHA v Biggar

Graeme
Brilliant match report Mark. Well done to all the guys. Keep up the good work.

Graeme.

Ps. Outstanding kicking stats.

Sent from my iPhone

On 4 Oct 2015, at 19:45, Mark Noble [via Junior Noticeboard] <[hidden email]> wrote:

10 tries (and 10 conversions) to 2 tries (and 1 Conversion)

First of all a great team effort by the 12 players available today and a special mention to David Dunn who despite putting a nail though his foot changed and played through the pain to make sure we could compete with similar numbers to Biggar.

Also well done to those playing out of their normal positions especially Craig in the centre and Alex at scrum half – it just goes to show we need to be able to adapt and play where required and maybe haven’t found our permanent position yet!

The 1st try came from good forward play with the ball going through the hands of the backs for Campbell to score in the corner.

2nd try came from Alex Watson picking up a loose ball in our own half and sprinting on his own down the touchline to score.

3rd try came from our own 22 with a great steal by Callum from Biggar forward pressure with the ball going out to Craig in the centre who ran the length of the pitch to score.

4th try came after winning the ball from a Biggar scrum with David Dunn making a good break and good hands with ball going through the backs for Campbell to score again.

5th try came after some good pressure in the Biggar 22 by forwards and backs which saw Findlay crossing for a try.

6th try came from Alex with great support play after a great break by David down the wing.

7th try again came again from a break by David setting up the remainder of the backs with Craig breaking through to score.  Sore foot – what sore foot!

8th try came from the forwards winning line out ball, the ball going through the hands of the backs to Caleb who had a great game on the wing to score.

9th try came again from great hands in the backs with Stuart going down the wing to score.

10th and final try was finished off by Campbell for his hat trick after some good forward play and handling by the backs.

George converted 9 penalties but Stuart decided he wasn’t getting all the glory and wanted a shot which he converted resulting in a ‘full house’.

Whilst GHA played well we gave away 7 penalties for offside (so we need to learn the rules ) and 2 penalties for high tackles which against a stronger side could have resulted in us being punished.

Credit must also be given to the boys from Biggar who never gave up until the final whistle and to their credit and the delight of the travelling mums and dads scored 2 well worked tries.

Man of the Match – too many to mention – all 12 players should be proud of the rugby played today but let’s not get carried away as there is still plenty to work on – Penalties!!

Reporter:
Mark (injured and bored on the touchline) Noble

http://junior-noticeboard.29870.n3.nabble.com/S2-Match-Report-Sunday-4th-October-GHA-v-Biggar-tp4037648.html
To start a new topic under S2, email [hidden email]

Re: S2 Match Report Sunday 4th October - GHA v Biggar

Mark, you set the bar high for match reports. This is just what need and is a great analysis of our ability. Well done for an enjoyable and informative report.
Joe

Re: S2 Match Report Sunday 4th October - GHA v Biggar

Joe
Well done Mark
Hopefully you will be back soon
Good game yesterday with everyone contributing something

Re: S2 Match Report Sunday 4th October - GHA v Biggar

Kurt Reid
Fantastic job with the match report there Mark, feels like we were there-have to accept my limitations and sadly hand over my reporter's pad to you😃
Seriously, great to see an overview of a game and particularly spotting our penalty rate

Re: S2 Match Report Sunday 4th October - GHA v Biggar

Harry mcgrenra
Sorry I will not be available for training

Re: S2 Match Report Sunday 4th October - GHA v Biggar

Alison perry
Sorry. Stewart won't be at training tonight. See you all after October school holidays.