S2 Captain Opportunity

Pat Fisher

All of the coaches have agreed that the role of team captain should be open to any player who would like to apply.

We aim to raise the profile of the team captain, which will become increasingly important on and off the pitch as we get nearer to the senior level. It will also allow players to develop valuable confidence, leadership and communication skills, and prepare them for the reality of the game in senior rugby. The club president has ideas for the team captains to assist the club in attracting new members, so it is a great opportunity to gain additional rugby experience for your CV!

We will use the 2015-16 season to offer up to five players at least 2 months each at the role (depending on how many apply), and announce at the end of this season, the player who the coaches assess to have been the most effective. This player will captain the side for the 2016-17 season.

We will use the vice captain slot next year for the same rotation, so those players unsuccessful in this initial year, can work towards gaining the captains role for the following year.

If you would like a two month trial as S2 Team Captain, please submit in writing your request, with the reasons you think you would be good at the role, what you think the job of a team captain involves, and how you can develop the role

An email to Pat at GHA@thefishers.eu with your application needs to be in by next Friday 11th Sept  at the latest, so we can announce who will captain the side against Whitecraigs on Sunday.

Re: S2 Captain Opportunity

Pat Fisher
Only a couple of submissions so far. Plese make sure you get your's in before Friday deadline