Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Pat Fisher
Very disappointed last night that only 7 attended training last night. There were only 4 apologies before 6.30pm last night. I have been asking and asking for more club support for coaching, and I cannot continue to ask for help from the club when we do not have the boys willing to turn up. Last night we had 4 coaches ready to deliver a pre-planned program.

We currently have 22 boys listed as S2 team players, so we really need to start to adhere to some housekeeping standards and post availability for Wednesday and Sunday, and stop the current “take it or leave it” attitude. Also when attending training or a game, be ready for the published time and not arrive late without an apology.

If we want to work on the pitch as a team, then start operating as a team off the pitch.

I will endeavour to put out the post Monday or Tuesday each week, so get into the habit of posting by Tuesday night latest. I am asking for parental help here, as it is not sustainable for the coach to have to text parents on a Saturday to check if we have a team for Sunday.

We will also re-introduce an attendance register to record both excellent commitment and poor commitment. This is meant to be an enjoyable and rewarding experience, and out of fairness to those players that want to develop their rugby, we need to introduce some structure that will support this.

I have also posted about a possible end of season trip next moth to Combat City, but again no one has posted any interest in this, so unless we have a take-up, the trip will not go ahead.

Please post below you have read and accepted this message so I can first check all of you are actually reading the notice board. Lets get this sorted before the start of next season.

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Mark (and Dad)
Read and understood

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Kurt Reid
Andrew has read it but is off with a broken bone in his foot just now but we'll whatsapp it to Tommy who's in Spain with the school for a week.
Ps Can we get down to Braidholm this Sunday for 11:30
You all know we need A PROPER WARM-UP!!!

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Duncan Matthews
Agree with what you are saying and asking.

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Joanna HYMAN
I have read your message and it is understood. I apologise for not informing you that Alex Hyman  would not be at training on Wednesday this week. He was recovering from a throat infection although he attended school.
I will respond in future . Regards Joanna Hyman

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Stuart Taylor
Apologies for not posting Calum would miss training - don't miss training often & forgot this once. Big exam week next week so studying took priorty. Will always endeavour to be there for start of training but 6.30 is sometimes tight with parents work committments.

Agree standards need to improve and you have our support. Could I make the point that the number of players who stay for post match lunches after home games is disappointing - Calum was 1 of 3 boys who stayed for lunch after Birkmyre game - what poor hosts.

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Sam Faulds
Yes no problem
Agree with Kurt boys should be there hour before any games to warm up and get ready for each match Allen glens was prime example of what we can do once we waken up

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Stan hickey
Apologies. Read and understood

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Stephen Hickey
I agree with your comments and will do my bit.

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

foulds
Leo and Dad,
Noted

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Craig Geddes
Sorry, read and understood

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Colin Dunipace
Duly noted

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

George
Read and understood

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

John Meagher
Read and understood. Thanks.

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

craig gerry
Message read and understood, Gregor attends Scouts on a Wednesday evening - and has done since he was 8. I explained to coaches this means that most Wednesday's he cannot attend training.

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Charlie Mone
Read and understood

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

matthew paton
Alexander has read and understood

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

David Dunn
Agree. David and parents have now read post and will remember to use this notice board in future.

Re: Poor attendance at training last night. Every S2 player to read and note.

Alastair McGilvray
Read and Understood