Parent committee idea for fund raising and social events (inc 19th June end of season event)

Parent committee idea for fund raising and social events (inc 19th June end of season event)

Pat Fisher
I am putting out the idea of forming a team parent/adult committee to help with fund raising ideas and social events. I would chair it, just need some help to get it off the ground.

Parents could meet once every month (perhaps on a Wed during training time) to organise fund raising, sponsorship and social events. I know the club will lend us facilities, so it makes sense to take advantage for our team funds. We can then decide what to use the money on.

I was also thinking the 19th June would be a good afternoon for an End-of-Season BBQ/ Rounders match (parents v kids?).

Let me know what you think of this proposal, and if you are able to come along on the 19th June?

Re: Parent committee idea for fund raising and social events (inc 19th June end of season event)

Duncan Matthews
Hi Pat
Would be happy to be part of the committee.
Duncan

Re: Parent committee idea for fund raising and social events (inc 19th June end of season event)

Sam Faulds
Am happy to help out Craig Faulds

Re: Parent committee idea for fund raising and social events (inc 19th June end of season event)

Grant
Pat,
Happy to assist.
Regards
Grant

Re: Parent committee idea for fund raising and social events (inc 19th June end of season event)

Kurt Reid
Many thanks for replies so far- can't do this kind of stuff without your help ; we do appreciate that as teams progress there's less need for parents to stay and watch, but we've always been lucky in having a consistently high level of parental support for home and away games.
The boys do appreciate you turning out, although maybe not as much as they did the recent "cheerleaders'" appearance 😏
 I certainly appreciate your support, especially if I'm needing hauners with some ropey refereeing...
Boys/parents rounders sounds like a great end to the season: delighted the coach the boys that day;( if you think I'm taking the chance of batting against that lot you can think again !)
See you Sunday for game against Allen Glen

Re: Parent committee idea for fund raising and social events (inc 19th June end of season event)

Colin Dunipace
Also happy to help out in any way

Cheers

Colin