Match Report / GHA V Dumfries 25th Oct

Pat Fisher
Match report by George;

G.H.A 21-20 Dumfries Saints

A very hard fought victory for us today against a very determined Dumfries team.  Thanks to all of our players that played with Dumfries for their great cooperation and thanks to everyone that turned up today.

The first third was not the best 15 minutes of rugby we have played. We conceded 6 tries where we were missing tackles and not rucking. However we managed to sneak one try at the end of the third with a quick tap and go and an excellent finish from Andrew.

The second half was a lot better. Our tackling improved and we were turning over the rucks. Our next try came from an effortless run from Leo resulting in a try under the posts. For our third try of the match, we created a mismatch on the outside and Findlay was pulled up just short. The ball was quickly distributed to Caleb who dived in at the corner. The next try also came from an overlap where we drew the defender and finished off by Findlay. We were within one score with one more 15 to go.

Another good effort in the last third and the majority of that 15 was spent in their half. Our line speed was fantastic  resulting in Alexander intercepting and going over the line.

A quick thanks to Mark for taking a few notes for me as I was on the field.
An overall good performance from the team and great win. Well done boys!