Green Conference S2 v Hamilton. Match Report

Green Conference S2 v Hamilton. Match Report

Kurt Reid
Team Sheet
Alistair McGilvray
Callum Taylor
Sam Faulds
Harry McGrenna
George Fisher
Gregor Gerry
Alexander Paton
Craig Dunipace
Andrew Reid
David Dunn
Campbell Johnston
Findlay Mathews
Thomas Reid
Alex Marshall
Stewart Perry

Great start to the season, beating Hamilton Bulls by a whopping 90 points to 5!!!
We managed 7 tries in each half, conceding only one fairly early in the first half.
Between George and Stewart we converted 10 out of our 14 tries (I'm not getting tired of writing '14 tries' btw!) to rack up the biggest win I can remember since P4!
Granted, Hamilton's tackling was pretty much how ours used to be! but when we concentrated on getting the basics right- winning the ball at the breakdown and moving the ball out wide, time and again we scored.
Mind you sometimes when we didn't bother to move the ball out we scored anyway!
Very impressed with what was a great team win and an excellent standard to set ourselves for the rest of the season.
Lastly,  thanks to Fraser for setting the boys up before the game and especially for organising our drop out catch restarts- no one thought we'd have as many😃
Want to see ALL of you down for training on Wednesday- home to Dumfries on Sunday.

Re: Green Conference S2 v Hamilton. Match Report

Thebigt
Kurt,

Great result - quick question are we saying its 5 points for a try and 2 for a conversation in this SRU conference competition.

S1&S2 scoring in IRB laws are 3 for a try and 1 for a kick.

Cheers T

Sent from my iPhone

On 30 Aug 2015, at 18:29, Kurt Reid [via Junior Noticeboard] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://junior-noticeboard.29870.n3.nabble.com/Green-Conference-S2-v-Hamilton-Match-Report-tp4036981.html
To start a new topic under S2, email [hidden email]

Re: Green Conference S2 v Hamilton. Match Report

Kurt Reid
You're quite right- me and the ref at Hamilton were talking cobblers.
http://www.scottishrugby.org/club-youth-green-conference
to see results and fixtures.