GHA Tournament Sunday 20th May

Robert Bruce
Hello All

Our mini tournament & festival is fast approaching (Sunday 20th May).  It is a great opportunity to showcase the club and since our tournament is towards the end of May then it hopefully provides the kids with the opportunity to play competitive rugby in the sunshine.

There will be around 550 kids playing in the tournament plus families there to support.  We, therefore, need plenty of volunteers to ensure that the tournament runs smoothly and is a success.  It is also an opportunity for the mini section to raise funds.

We have decided not to involve St Andrews Ambulance as they are not able to confirm until almost the day of the tournament and last year they were not able to attend.  Therefore, I am asking for volunteers with first aid training to be available with any first aid kits they may already have to supplement what the club has.  We ideally require a parent in each age group, so they can see the matches, I will get bibs to highlight who the first aiders are.  If you can contact your individual team managers if you are able to volunteer.  Also, for more serious injuries if there are any doctors planning to attend can you please let me know so that I can have their details to hand if we need to contact them.

Each year group has been assigned a task for the day, the list is below.  Can you please speak to your individual year manager if you are able to volunteer to help out for a while during the tournament.  The more people that volunteer then the less game time will be missed!!!!!

P1/P2 - Marshalling the car parking.
P3 – Tombola Stall
P4 – Cake Stall.

P5 - Tuck Shop
P6 - Registration and allocating out the pack lunches, medals to visiting teams.
P7 – Welcoming visiting teams, Issuing Programs 3G Buckets (fundraising) / Old Kit Sale.

*There is no 7’s Tournament the day before, therefore we won’t have any tents left over. We require P3/ P4/ P5 /P6 / P7 to provide a sturdy Gazebo/ Tent, thus allowing us to put everything under cover*

We have also decided there is no requirement for a scorer’s tent and each individual team manager is tasked c/w volunteers with the scoring of each year group.

As usual, we will be looking for contributions from parents for the tombola stand, cake stand and parents will be asked to provide a number of pack lunches for the visiting teams, again more information to follow on this.

Please get involved and I’m sure it will be a great tournament.