GHA Mini Sponsored Run 8th May

I am organising the sponsored fun run in order to purchase much needed kit for our section.  This can be locked away in our shed which was more than paid for by last years event.  This year, I intend to make it bigger and better along the lines of a family day and would appreciate your help.

Given we are having this in May and not February, I am hoping for the sun to be out and am planning a BBQ.  Top class filter coffee will be available from 10.00 to keep us going until the bar opens at 12.30 along with a surprise tent designed to keep the mums happy!!!!  If you are a budding BBQ King/Queen and are happy to help for an hour or two that would be great as if we do this ourselves, it will mean we do not have to pay £4 for a roll and burger.  I am also trying to organise a bouncy castle to keep the kids entertained from 12.00.  Please bring all the family, Grandparents, friends etc as the more the merrier.

Helpers required.  We will need volunteers to be marshals on course which will all be contained within the grounds of GHA and will contain a few obstacles to keep them all interested.  The start and finish line will be directly in front of the main stand so a MASSIVE crowd is requested.  Please also feel free to complete the course with your child and siblings can also take part.  Help as stated above for the BBQ and also for the surprise tent (that's the good job!!). If you can help, please give your name to your lead coach/manager who will forward to me.

Sponsor forms will be handed out to every child on Sunday 10th April.  As per last year, the child in each year group raising the most amount of money will win a voucher for PSL (our kit suppliers) to spend as you please.  This will be announced on Sunday 24th May at our tournament so late submissions will not count.  When returning the forms, please ensure your child's name is on the top of the sheets and the year group.  This should then be within a sealed envelope with the money and handed to your lead coach/manager.  We had a bit of nightmare with some forms coming back without the name or the amount not totalling what the sheet said.

Many thanks in advance

Graeme