GHA Junior Rugby Conference - 29th Aug

Noticeboard Admin
Administrator

I would like to invite all coaches, parents and members from the GHA junior section to join us next Saturday, the 29th of August for the GHA Junior Rugby conference. Due to a re-arrangement of the 1stXV game on this day, the conference will be a little shorter than first anticipated and we therefore ask everyone to be there for 1215pm with a view to starting the presentation at 1230pm sharp.

Over the summer we have gone through a lot of effort to recruit a new Director of Youth Rugby who has both the vision and experience to develop a new level of professionalism in how we develop the players coming through our youth section. The successful applicant, Euan Clark, has now started in his new role. You can view further info on Euan's background on our website here - http://www.gharugby.co.uk/blog/2015/08/09/euan-clark-announced-as-new-director-of-youth-rugby

We have seen excellent results in recent seasons in terms of the number of players we are producing who go on to gain representative honours both for Glasgow and for Scotland and much of this has come about as a result of our Academy investment and the subsequent improvements we've seen, particularly at U18 level and then also in the young players graduating into senior rugby. Indeed we have no fewer than 11 players involved in the wider Glasgow U20 squad this season and the majority of those started playing their rugby at GHA at minis level. However, recent improvements are only scratching the surface of what I believe this club is capable of.

Due to our new appointment, we will be relaunching the GHA Rugby Academy. On top of this, we will be presenting our new initiative to increase the number of state school boys joining the club, presenting details of our coach development programme, discussing our long term plans in conjunction with recent SRU proposals and then opening the floor to questions.

As for the date of the conference, many of you will be aware that this also coincides with the Giffnock Beer Festival which I am sure many of you will be looking to attend therefore the conference should last no more than half an hour. The 1st XV will also kick off their season against Marr at 115pm (Not 3pm as previously advertised. This is due to the Scotland International against Italy kicking off at 315pm) and I hope that there will be a real buzz around the club, we are expecting a record crowd and this is a great opportunity for us as a club to show ourselves off to the local community.
Rangi Jericevich
Director of Rugby
GHA RFC

E: admin@gharugby.co.uk